How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Is there a legal obligation to sign the form that requires

Resolved Question:

Is there a legal obligation to sign the form that requires details of the driver of a vehicle caught speeding by cameras.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been served a n I p for speeding, caught by camera, and have got the form that requires the owner of the vehicle to provide details of the driver. I was the driver. I know I have to provide my details. Do I have to sign the form ? Is there a legal obligation to sign it.? There is no caution , telling I may be liable to prosecution if I don't.

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
There is no obligation the law requires you to identify the driver. But if you are to accept either a driver improvement course if you have no points or the points and fine, then you may need to sign it,
If they ask it and you refuse they could issue a summons and withdraw a fixed penalty.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.


Related Law Questions