75100385

Is there a legal obligation to sign the form that requires

Is there a legal obligation to sign the form that requires details of the driver of a vehicle caught speeding by cameras.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been served a n I p for speeding, caught by camera, and have got the form that requires the owner of the vehicle to provide details of the driver. I was the driver. I know I have to provide my details. Do I have to sign the form ? Is there a legal obligation to sign it.? There is no caution , telling I may be liable to prosecution if I don't.

There is no obligation the law requires you to identify the driver. But if you are to accept either a driver improvement course if you have no points or the points and fine, then you may need to sign it,
If they ask it and you refuse they could issue a summons and withdraw a fixed penalty.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.