LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Am I entitled to legal aidI was out shopping on the afternoon

Customer Question

Am I entitled to legal aid
I was out shopping on the afternoon of 27/5/15 when I came home and took my boots and socks off the TAG just fell of my ankle. I rang EMS straight away to inform them and they said that someone would be around to replace TAG. I also rang at my curfew time that evening as the machine was bleeping to check when someone would be round as I had been ill in pain and vomiting and take strong anti-sickness and painkillers for Biliary Colic. These tablets make me sleepy and I was going to bed. They could not provide a time someone came at 9.30pm to replace the TAG.
Whilst I admit the TAG came detached I had not interfered or tampered with the TAG there was no evidence of this or marks on the TAG or strap the only thing was a a piece that had broken from inside the TAG.
Once received Court order I rang EMS on the evening of 10/6/15. I asked for a copy of the logs in writing 11/6/15.
I have also had problems with the machine bleeping when I was at home asleep in bed on Sun 3am 14/6/15 rang to report and confirm I was at home. On a second occasion on the morning of 17/6/15 and I rang to report the machine was bleeping at the time I was in the toilet being sick due to the Biliary Colic. I rang again that evening to say I was going to bed and concerned in case it bleeps during the night and would someone come and check the equipment.
Other considerations
TCC course booked 7, 14 and 21 of July.
Off work sick on NIL pay and receiving ESA benefit £125.05 per week.
Seeing Surgeon for pre op assessment on 9/7/15.
I have been in hospital on several occasions when the sickness and pain is severe and concerned if this occurs on the court date 25/6/15.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
If you have not been arrested or summonsed for an alleged breach of your order there is no need for legal aid. Have you been arrested or proceedings started?