Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I am a breeders who having problem with website pets4home.co.uk

I am a breeders who having problem with website pets4home.co.uk . They closed my accound based on false information of one of my future buyer. I cant advertise on this website any more.They wont let me .Also they ignoring all my email. Please advice
Many Thanks
Ana
Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Do you have a contract with them to advertise for you? If so does this contract allow them to terminate the arrangement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Pets4homes is free advertised website. I dont have any contract with them. No one have. This is the biggest website and its important to me in terms of sale. The website have terms and conditions. Where stated they can do any thing if they feel like it

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks what is the reason they are refusing to advertise your business?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The reason was the future buyer complane. Lady place deposit for a kitten which was adversed on pets4homes website for price of £800 late on she wanted this kitten leave my cattery neutered. So i added £40 extra to a price. She complaned to pets4homes that i changed agreed price . Pets4homes after this compalen closed my account. My emails sent to the admin was not answerd.

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Was it advertised on the website unneutered?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Kitten was advertised unneutered .

Expert:  Jenny replied 2 years ago.
Ok the difficulty is that the only real claim you could bring would be in breach of contract in the event that you have a contractual agreement with them.
You may have a contract even though there is no money involved, if you have an 'account' with them which has been closed then potentially this amounts to a contract.
Their terms and conditions state that the account can be closed for any reason which is a bit of a problem for you. They clearly have closed the account on the basis that the price changed without considering the fact that what the customer wanted had changed from the advertised product.
If they are not looking at emails from a practical point of view you could try sending a recorded delivery letter to their head office explaining that you had not misadvertised and the price only changed because the customer wanted you to neuter the kitten, you advertised an unneutured kitten.
You should state that the fact that they have closed your account without consideration of the facts means that you will lose business.
Sadly if they do not reopen your account I am not sure what action you will be able to take. At that point it might be worth asking a solicitor to look carefully at their terms and conditions of business to see if they are in breach in any specific way.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.