75100385

I was involved in a minor incident this morning where a bus

Customer Question

I was involved in a minor incident this morning where a bus driver was abused, I was then abused - including racially (I am white) - for asking the lady to calm down, and then got into an altercation after getting off the bus. However, the lady in question threw one parting insult which tipped me over the edge and I threw the first punch. I would never normally behave in this way and have no criminal record of any kind. I would like to report her to the police, my face is very scratched up and she repeatedly threatened me, however because I threw the first punch I am worried that everything else will be ignored and would result in an assualt charge for me. Please help.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did you do it in self defence ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ultimately, no. I saw red and snapped. But this was after the woman in question had verbally abused both myself and the bus driver including making threats to me and racial abuse. I was walking away and she made one final comment and I just snapped.

Ok. If you report it then of course you run a risk of being prosecuted. If you had been acting in self defence it may have been different. But if not then sadly you could also be prosecuted.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I am concerned that she may report this against me. In the event that this happens, if I have not voluntarily spoken to the police about the incident, is this likely to work against me if she tries to bring charges? As I said, I have no criminal record and am extremely unhappy about what happened, I have never reacted in this way before, and I want to ensure I have taken the best course of action, not only to protect myself but to prosecute the woman in question.

No it wont make any difference. It may be if anything happens you are offered a caution.
Does that help?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.