12826847

I am a landlord with 2 rental properties. The property let

Customer Question

I am a landlord with 2 rental properties. The property let through an "agent" or ltd company let; (not AST) was recently vacated. But no check out inventory was carried out by the "tenants" ie the agents. They also asked me to carry out the necessary cleaning as they could not arrange for cleaning companies due to over demand. The garden was left in overgrown condition; rubbish including bulky items left behind, requiring disposal which I had to carry out. In addition to re-decorations over and above normal wear & tear. I also discovered damage to the laminate flooring in the lounge, several holes caused directly by the sofa that the agents had provided for the occupiers.
there is also a missing key to an inner door, which will be costly to replace...
all has cost more than the deposit held; factoring in my own time spent; and loss of rent whilst the cleaning; essential redecoration; and gardening works could be carried out. The agents have submitted a county court claim disputing some of my costs; but are actually seeking the entire deposit back. I have invoices for some not all works, as paid cash in hand. They are also threatening me with regard to a lack of inventory at the start of the tenancy, however, the house had been recently refurbished/redecorated to a high standard at the start of their tenancy 3 years back. Do I have legal backing? or should i settle out of court...? the director of the co has initiated this on-line action, I did not respond to a letter from him due to a close family death, but I had sent him a holding note to advise that I would respond as soon as I could. however, the summons papers arrived dated 11 June with effect 16 June...I have a week left to reply.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you would like to know about this please?