UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

A friend told me I would be left a property in her will. Turns

Customer Question

A friend told me I would be left a property in her will. Turns out that she didn't leave it to me and I moved into the property before she passed away and spent money on it. Can I get the money back somehow?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
I am afraid unless you were financially dependant on your friend, you cannot challenge her Will and the only way to get your money back is by negotiating with whoever has been left the property by your friend, or taking your belongings out of the property with you.
Sorry
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
HiWithout considerably more details it is hard to be certain - however in fact there is a basis on which you could make a claim on the property.This is on the basis of Proprietary Estoppel - more details herehttp://www.sleeblackwell.co.uk/blogs/modern-law-proprietary-estoppel.htmlClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That is fab thank you so much Clare!!!! Smile

You are welcome