75100385

My wife insured me on her car I had a taxi run in to me when

My wife insured me on her car I had a taxi run in to me when I was doing uturn it was going fast but never challenged it I said to me self sod take the blame your insured think nothing of it in later that day my wife is on the phone to the insurance company telling them what happened after being on the phone to them they said my isurance was invalid because she failed to tell them I had three points on the Licence the point is my wife did not know I had three points on my license I did not mention it to her and she did not ask me the isurance company said they will pay out the compo to the third party and not me and also the badly damaged car of mine which cost me 2000 pound out of my own pocket to put right now after 18 months they sent us a letter saying they have a right of recovery from us for 20561.89 please help
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know what the points were for and how old?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The points were for going thru traffic lights and camera snapped me that was not my fault I had no choice I was stuck in the middle so I crossed over thinking it will be okay but not
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Red lights and prior to accident points were unfree a year
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Alex what's your take on my question please thanks surj
Does the policy terms allow them to void if the information is not correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They did not mention that on the phone to my wife and it feels like it is a under arm sneaky tactic they use against you but they are happy to take your money and then they try to get out of paying up if they can or take us all for idiots pulling a fast one
Sadly if you didnt tell them the whole story they can void the policy. But it seems to be that they are trying to void it when they would have covered you if they had known.
You need to write and make a formal complaint. They will investigate and reject it probably. Then and only then can you go to the Ombudsman. They offer a free and independent service at: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
But you need to have made a formal complaint first before you go to the Ombudsman. This should resolve the matter for you.