12826847

I recently took may car MOT and service. When I collected

Customer Question

I recently took may car for a MOT and service. When I collected it it sounded noisy but put it down to the service. Within days it broke down and the garage picked it up. They had done an oil change but failed to fill it back up. They are denying this. They have had my car now for 2 weeks and it is still not fixed. They say the bill could be as much as £1,300 or more. The part they say needs replacing is the con bolt which apparently only fails if there is no oil in the car. They have now mentioned that the crank shaft could be damaged. The car was fine before I took it in and had been very reliable. I have now received a letter from DVLA querying an irregularity of the chassis number of the MOT certificate. This has never been an issue in previous MOTs. I have serious concerns about the competency of the staff at the garage and would appreciate advice as to what steps I should now take.
What action are you hoping to take about this?
What would you like to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I would like my car repaired to a satisfactory standard and don't feel it is my responsibility to pay for the damage caused by their negligence - just don't know what to do next as I went to collect it tonight; they have had it for 2 weeks and it is still not repaired

Ok.
Sorry for the delay. I lost my connection.
What do they say caused it?