12826847

My son did not attend a court date because he went abroad to

Customer Question

my son did not attend a court date because he went abroad to study. Coming back he was taken into police custody to attend court today. I need advice and representation
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what can happen? Any chance of bailing out so he can appear in court when I have full legal representation

There is an outside chance of bail on a warrant but realistically it would be irresponsible of me to tell you that is going to happen.
He left the jurisdiction. That offence alone will lead to custody.
People do get bail after failing to surrender but usually those are the ones who have done so because they are badly organised and got dates mixed up. People who flee the jurisdiction do not Im afraid usually although there are always exceptions.
He will be put before the court sitting on Monday to answer the bail act charge and reconsider bail on the substantive matter.
I'm very sorry but that is the reality of what happens when people do not attend court.
Can I clarofy anything for you?