13262538

I need some advice on my family situation. I am an

Customer Question

hello
i need some advice on my family situation. I am an only child, now aged 43 ....and my parents were married but divorced soon after I was born. My mother was issued full custody and father ordered to pay for support. He didnt make any payments and has since been remarried and has 3 children....he is claiming, i believe unemployment but has a home and 3 kids that are all educated etc. I reached the age of 24 and sought him, his partner was aggressive towards me and told me to stay away and that I wasnt allowed anything from them...which wasnt the case for me..i just wanted to meet my father.
Since then I wondered what I am entitled to, by rights...i know that his mother, my grandmother died and left them something in her inheritance....am i allowed anything from them ?
please advise?
thx
My name is Clare andI will do my best to help you
I am afraid that you have no claim on your Paternal family in general.
If your biological father dies without leaving a Will then his widow will get the first £250,000 of his estate - and you with his other children will receive a share of half of the excess.
However if the property is owned jointly with his wife then it will pass directly to her in any event
Please ask if you need further details