12826847

Should contribution based ESA be taken into consideration as

Customer Question

Should contribution based ESA be taken into consideration as income when calculating benefits?
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 2 years ago.
Dear Friend,Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you. No, contribution based ESA is not taken into consideration while calculating benefits. Its income related ESA that counts. I am sure this would help. I wish you good luck.You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.Warm Regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have received a letter from the Job Centre Plus which states that my contribution based ESA is now considered taxable income. This will negatively affect other benefits, what can I do? Can you quote the Specific Legislation for me so that I may challenge their decision, thank you.
Dear Friend,
I believe I have not been able to find any specific legislation that I can refer you to.
Let me opt out of this and see if any other expert can assist you with this.
Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us. I wish you good luck.
Warm Regards