13262538

I am In a very distressing situation and am very worried

Customer Question

Hi I am In a very distressing situation and am very worried and concerned as to what I can do basically my ex girlfriend is pregnant with my child and is saying I can not have anything to do with the child will not put me on the birth certificate she is also saying she will leave the country and have the child there or as soon as the child is born leave the country with it what are my rights currently and can I stop her from leaving the country with my unborn child i am willing to go through courts to get access and contact to the child but my concern is that she will leave the country and I will not be able to find her where abouts I want to be apart of the child's life it needs to have a father in its life I would appreciate if you could advise me of my rights thank you
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that you have no rights whatsoever until the baby is born - so if she wishes to leave the country then there is nothing you can do to prevent it.
However once the child is born then the baby has the right to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details