31090051

Is a verbal agreement complete without any terms of payment,

Is a verbal agreement complete without any terms of payment, meaning a verbal agreement for someone to offer services for free? A client is claiming that I was to supervise enormous amounts of loft conversion works for free and holds me responsible for their breaches of planning.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
What work were you paid to do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A fitted master bedroom, a marble cladded master bathroom, a rounded Staircase, building works around the staircase in order to support it & a glazed entrance structure.
My company received received £3000 for professional fees. Out of these £900 went to the architect, for the planning application, £500 for the building notice etc., £250 to the architect for some other designs, £350 to a structural engineer in relation to the support of the staircase etc.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You would appear to have nothing to do with the loft then.
The issue of payment isn't really relevant other than from an evidential point of view. If there was no agreement that you were to supervise the loft conversion then there is no agreement and you have no liability.
The fact that you weren't paid for it is evidence in support of the fact that you had nothing to do with it.