29905560

Good evening, Due to a number of work issues, including

Good evening,
Due to a number of work issues, including discrimination I am registering a formal grievance against my employer. As part of the grievance procedure I may have a trade Union employed representative.
How do I go about finding such a TU official?
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
You do have the right to be accompanied at a grievance meeting, either by a trade union representative or a colleague. If you wish to have a union rep with you then usually this is a service you would use if you are already an existing union member. As part of your union membership you would most likely be able to use one of their reps to attend with you and provide support. If you are not part of a union then you could still join one at any time but you may not necessarily get this type of support immediately. Some unions have a minimum term before you are entitled to the full benefits of membership and that may take you beyond the date of the grievance. Also I would not say that it is worth joining a union just to try and get a rep to come with you to a grievance hearing. If this is a service you wish to use long-term then you could join a union but just to get a companion for a grievance hearing, it may not really be worth it.
If you want to join a union then you can find a suitable on here:
https://www.tuc.org.uk/about-tuc/union-finder
Alternatively, as mentioned you could just get a workplace colleague to attend with you instead. Or if you do not want that then you can still attend alone – you do not have to have someone with you at the meeting.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you