13262538

My other half bought me a house

Customer Question

My other half bought me a house from the sale of his property when he moved away he gave instructions to the solicitor that it was to be my house . I am the registered owner . He died a few weeks ago without a will and his estranged brother gets the lot . Where do I stand please , can I give my house to my daughter so his brother can't get it , many thanks
For clarity - were you living together at the time of his death?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No we weren't , sorry this is really stressful I'm just getting over breast cancer and this is really hard for me

I am sorry for your loss.
If the house is registered in your sole name and was a gift for you then the house is yours and the brother has no claim on it.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details