31090051

I gave a rough estimate on a personal letterhead list

I gave a rough estimate on a personal letterhead for a list of some refurbishment works with the verbal statement that any works of the list to be agreed will be undertaking by a new formed company in two months and got a deposit for the two first items of the list in my personal account as no company's account yet. All remaining payments of these first items were done into my company's account. Some other items shown in the list were agreed later on my company's letterhead and signed by both parties. Some other items were not agreed and were done by a different company. Am I personally liable for any items shown in the initial list even if they were never agreed?
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You can't contract if you don't exist. If works were carried out before the company was formed then, yes, you could be liable. However, if the work was carried out by the company after it was formed then you can argue that the initial list was simply a letter of intent and that the company was the contracting party.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.