75100385

I have received a NIP offence of speeding, I think

I have received a NIP for the offence of speeding, I think it was probably my son driving, I was not in the country at the time of the offence, and my son is currently out of the country, so I don't really feel I can ask him.
Should I write back naming my son as the possible culprit? knowing that he could be convicted in his absence?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is the offence and NiP date?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there the offence was for doing 45 MPH in a 30 MPH zone on the 11th of June (traffic camera) my son is 19 years old and is in Australia until the 11th of July, though this could change.

The problem is that when the offence was committed I was in Norway, so I cannot be absolutely sure that he was the driver, but if I name him he won't have time to respond so could effectively return from his trip to find he has been charged in his absence.

Naturally I am unsure what to do in this case.

Regards,

Tim.

Your job is to list all people that could have been driving. That is all you need to do. If you don't you will be charged with failing to indentify and given 6 points.
But you need to list everyone who could have been driving, that is all needs doing at this stage.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.