29905560

If I hand over drugs in this case 1gram of coke over to a managing

Customer Question

If I hand over drugs in this case 1gram of coke over to a managing director in my firm in front of other mangers and staff after our shift and I clearly stated it was handed over to me at work as I'm a supervisor and clearly saying I was going to dispose of it he said give it to him at first I thought it was a joke after the fourth time I knew he was serious my reply was are you trying to set me up he said. As a mangers demand I went back in my car I took the stuff and handed it over to me, he than went to the kitchen to my surprise he came out and asked if anyone had a note. Now I'm being suspended for supplying
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For over 10 years
Thanks for getting back to me. The first thing to note is that being placed on suspension is not an automatic assumption of guilt and does not amount to disciplinary action. It is there to be used as a precautionary measure whilst an employer investigates any allegations against the employee. Reasons for suspending could be in the case of gross misconduct, breakdown of relationship, risk to an employer's property, their clients or other employees, to preserve evidence or ensure it is not tampered with, avoid potential witnesses being pressured or intimidated, etc. During the period of suspension the employer should conduct a reasonable investigation into the allegations against the employee. If the investigation gathers enough evidence to justify the taking disciplinary action that could be the next step. In that case the employee has the right to be informed in advance of the allegations against them and be given the opportunity to prepare for the hearing. On the other hand, if the investigation does not find enough evidence to justify a disciplinary, the employer should terminate the suspension immediately and allow the employee to return to work as normal. So at this stage it does not mean you are guilty. The employer may have received information or evidence suggesting you are but they still need to investigate this and provide you with an opportunity to defend yourself and also provide any evidence in your support. So you can state clearly what happened, how you came into possession of those drugs and why you handed them over to your colleague. If you have any witnesses who can back that up then certainly use them and the employer should use that evidence in their deliberations. You have long service with the company and enough to be protected against unfair dismissal. So they cannot just dismiss you without conducting a fair procedure. If they do take any action against you, such as issuing a warning or dismissing you then you can appeal this directly with them. If this does result in a dismissal then you also have the right to challenge it as an unfair dismissal in the employment tribunal. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.