13262538

I am the executor of my fathers will. In the will he left a

Customer Question

I am the executor of my fathers will. In the will he left a bungalow to my daughter to be handed over when she is 21. As executor i have been looking after the property and have carried out extensive repairs and redecoration all at my own cost. The repairs and redecoration have added an extra £100 000 to the value of the property. Am I entitled to the money I have spent back when she reaches 21 or any of the equity that it has earned.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
I am afraid not unless your daughter voluntarily agrees to give you equity from the property in consideration of your improvements on the property.
May I help further?
May I ask why you spent so much money on a property that was not yours?