75100385

Boundary Dispute I have a boundary dispute with a neighbour

Boundary Dispute
I have a boundary dispute with a neighbour property which is a field used of keeping 4 horses. It is rented out. I have carried out a survey which shows that their flimsy barbed wire fence erected by the tenant is 1 metre onto my land, the firm which owns the land has agreed to move the fence a little but not where it should be as they claim their boundary is 50cm away and not 1.2 metres from current fence. They have threatened if this isn't agreed they will file affidavits claiming they have been using this land for 20 years and therefore it now belongs to them. What action can I take to reclaim my land, I have purchased the property 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
It makes no difference whether or not they have used it for 20 years, they are referring to a prescriptive right of way. There is no right here, they are using your land. You can issue proceedings and seek a declaration from court. You can use the survey.
But it makes no difference whether they have used it for 20 years, unless it's theirs on the land registry its your land.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

excellent thank you for your advice, I know what action to take to resolve this

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.