75100385

I have recieved a 'bogus' email from our competitors

I have recieved a 'bogus' email from our competitors trying to find out apects of our service, pricing etc. I dont really mind generally but these people have been told by a judge after a courtcase not to mention/refer to us following them badmouthing us to other businesses in the same industry. A few weeks ago they sent someone to our stand at a trade fair who was asking 'leading questions' wanting us to badmouth their company which of course we didnt. We have already had to write them a letter asking them to remove a nasty comment from a forum. They have been issued a PIN after threatening behaviour. I am 95% the email is from them and happy to ignore but I feel they are just going to continue until the situation gets out of hand again. Any advice how to deal with this would be welcome
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex

I want them to stop harrasing us

How many times have they contacted you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Two bogus emails..the last of which they have continued the farce even prompting us to reply when we have alll but told them we know its them.

Ok, sadly you cant stop them sending emails unless it amounts to harassment. Some people are just sadly small minded and have nothing better to do. If you say it is harassment then you can issue County Court proceedings and seek an injunction that they stop. You would need to issue a claim using form N1
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
And then complete the injunction form N16a
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016a-eng.pdf
The Court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to grant an injunction. But you must satisfy the Court that it does amount to harassment. If you have to instruct a lawyer and win, then you may be able to seek those costs back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you think i could go to court citing harrasment....or is there not enough incidents? I guess i would also need to prove the emails come from them?

I don't think it's enough at this stage.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.