75100385

FAO Alex Watts . Follow on from a question regarding

FAO Alex Watts Hello. Follow on from a question regarding serving a document (Claim form) I know that you said all that I have to do is post it first class and reflect the date of service accordingly on the form I send to the court. What I did was send
it by Royal Mail next day signed for. The defendant was not in and a card was left for him to collect it from the post office. I checked the day after 'service' and the letter had not been collected. Given this I sent a copy letter simply by first class post
such that it was in his post box and also emailed the defendant advising him of this. The original letter remained uncollected and I have now received the original letter back from Royal Mail. Do I need to send the court the conformation of service form in
relation to the second copy I sent? or am I still technically OK. Just going round in circles as the defendant was supposed to issue his defence by 12/06/15 as directed at a court hearing and I have not received a copy. I will in due course check with the
court if they have received his defence, but history says the defendant will simply say he did not receive the claim form. So do I need to do anything? Thanks Pete
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Yes by posting first class it's ok. Just because it's not signed for does not make service invalid.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks. ***** new web version has bot been working for me. Been complaining and just now things seem to be working..... thankfully. Defendant has advise the court in witting he has not received my Claim Form grrrrrrrr. Knowing this I have posted it all again ....... will know doubt be back in touch for your assistance s things progress. Pete