12826847

I received a nip 50 in a 30 mph restricted zone within

Customer Question

I received a nip for doing 50 in a 30 mph restricted zone within the 14 day period I contested this advising that the speed limit was actually 40 they have since confirmed that the speed limit was a 40 and not 30 - do I have any grounds to contest this further having received a conditional offer of 3 points and £100 fine -
On what basis ? Do you deny doing 50?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The nip is incorrect as it is a 40 not a 30 I assume that the speed limit clocked of 50 is correct do I have any grounds to appeal under the slip rule and if so what are my chances of success as I could do with avoiding the points equally I can't afford a large fine the court might levy if I lose - at present I have a conditional offer of 3 points and a £100 fine
No.
The NIP is still fully compliant. All they have to do is inform you that you may be prosecuted.
If you were doing 50 mph in a 40 mph zone then that is still speeding.
The slip rule has no relevance here and actually allows the crown to correct errors.
If the basis you are raising is that the NIP referred to 30 mph zone then you have zero chances as that is not a ground.
Sorry but I have to give you realistic information.