LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

My solicitor and barrister did not act as I instructed , what

My solicitor and barrister did not act as I instructed , what action can I take against them and how can I do this?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
It is a serious breach of professional conduct rules if a lawyer doesn't follow instructions. What in general terms is it that they didn't do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My apologies for not replying earlier there has been a problem with access to my Just answer account which has only just been fixed.

My solicitor did not lodge papers with the court regarding my inability to attend a hearing, they also withdrew immediately before a hearing leaving me without council, and they did not pay my barrister from the funds I sent to them, which they say they will do but to my knowledge this has still not been completed.

OK you should either write to the senior partner setting out the problems and requesting details of the complaints procedure which they are required to have under the SRA rules.
Tell them you want the complaint dealt with within 14 days and that if they do not do so you will go directy to the SRA.
Have you sufferd any loss/disadvantage as a result of this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not being represented in court and not being able to attend court has contributed to the court finding against me and my sister in the damages claim. We will lose our home and livelihood as the claim is for over £900,000

OK follow this link and make report your solicitor. http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor.page