75100385

Part of my rented land was taken by my council parking

Customer Question

part of my rented land was taken by my council for the parking of a disablement car. this is about 3 metres from my kitchen window and has evasive problems.. can i demand a privacy fence to enable my privacy. i downsized from a flat and have single occupation of a 'semi' disabled semi bungalow. the parking is still within my rented boundary. i surrendered my keys on vacating my flat and then was served with a notice that i had to agree with an 'agreement' with no t&c's and unless i signed i was virtually homeless! i have read 'ombudsman' rules that this is under duress to sign the agreement and not as the council says (a contract) cannot be reversed.. as an agreement is the first principal to a contract and can be contested!! i dont mind paying your fee but at the lower level as i am a basic pensioner with little to afford! they refuse to talk to me and give me any information except that its council land and i have no say !
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Is this a Council property you own please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this is a council property

What you need to do is write to the Chief Officer of the Council and make a complaint. That officer will investigate your matter and see what can be done. If they do not find for you then you can go to the Ombudsman but you can only do that once you have made a complaint.
The Ombudsman is free, independent and can examine your complaint for free at: www.lgo.org.uk
But this should resolve the complaint.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.