75100385

I received deposit items of a list on my personal letterhead

Customer Question

I received deposit for two items of a list on my personal letterhead that a client wanted to have refurbished. All the remainder cheques the client wrote to my company, which was formed immediately after. Does this prove that the contracting body has changed from me personally to my company?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
No I don't think so. The company could have just been paying in your behalf. If the request was made on personal letterhead etc then I think this is still personal.
Can I clairify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I prepared a wish list in my personal letterhead of some items the client wanted to refurbish in his house and received deposit on account of the first two. At the same time I explained to him that I was going to be incorporated and any works in the list agreed will be undertaken by my company. Indeed, as soon as the company was formed we started the first two refurbishment works in his house. As the company's bank account was not ready yet, I received another payment personally. After the company's account was opened I transferred all money received personally and any further payments were done to the company as agreed. Also, other items of the list were agreed later on on my company's letterhead and money paid only to the company.
Am I personally liable for any of the works in the list?
No I dont think you are. In that case I think it would be the company if that discussion take place.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes thank you much better now!
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A client formally claims that there was a verbal agreement for me to supervise the planning aspect of loft conversion works that I never undertook. He is doing this in order to recover costs that he incurred from breeches in planning and enforcements to rectify things.
I have looked into the planning portal and discovered that there are at least 20 cases relating to other properties that he owns that he has received enforcement notices for breech in planning. Moreover, in many of these cases he continued with development even after receiving stop notice.
On the base that there is not any written agreement nor any payment received for 'supervising' will my evidence of him being a serial planning breecher be sufficient to knock down his claim? Also, can I sue him for something?
Sadly this is a new question if I can ask you to post another one.