75100385

In an online dispute with a vendor on ebay I asked

In an online dispute with a vendor on ebay I asked for a return of goods as the advertisement was misleading. The vendor stated that it was not but in a very garbled and barely understandable message. I pointed out that based on this message his command of English was poor and he probably did not understand that the advertisement was misleading. He objected to this saying it was horrible and racist. I took the case to ebay arbitration who found in my favour and granted me return of money (£20). The vendor then wrote to me to say he would take the matter up to a claim - presumably under the race relations act. The whole case consists then of four emails which in my view merely show that the vendor has a poor command of English and is planning to use the race relations act to seek redress by accusing me of racism. Nothing has come to me yet by way of summons but this is very recent. How seriously do I need to take this? I can provide the whole email thread if required.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Just to be clear they owe you money not the other way around?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for offer of phone consult, but I just want to clarify the situation before we do that. I paid £20 for goods that were not as described IMP. Ebay agreed with me and I got the money back. He has now sent a threatening note that seems to imply he will make race relations act claim as I was horrible and racist (I merely said his English was poor). But his note could also be read as saying he will send the heavies to my address to sort me out. I can send the whole thread which is very short so you can see what this is all about.

Don't worry about the racial element. If he is making threats you should report this to the police. You should not tolerate that, it's unacceptable.
But if eBay has ruled for you, it's not racist so don't be concerned, he is just tying to be a bully.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.