75100385

Alex Watts Alex, Hope you have had a good day. Right

Alex Watts
Hi Alex,
Hope you have had a good day.
Right the Defendants, now don't have a solicitor.
They have put in their statements (at least that is what they call them) but they are not laid out in the C.P.R. format and don't have a statement of truth on them.
They are very basic and do nothing to enhance their defence (in fact they are detrimental to it).
Do I have to accept them in this format (they don't help them at all), or do I have to object to the way they have compiled them. I am quite happy to leave them as they are as they are to be honest completely a waste of time as their defence. And would like the opportunity to use them against them in the final hearing.
Hello and thanks for asking for me.
What track is the case on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Multi Track.

The application on Friday is for the following:

Power of Arrest - for not complying with the injunction (over 100 offences)

Increasing the claim for damages

Dealing with the fact that the Defendants have discarded (scrapped) my folding machine - approx value £10,000

OK. Then they should be in accordance with the CPR. You can raise this as an issue. The Court will either say its ok to go ahead or adjourn and make them file correct statements.
The most important part is the statement of truth. If it is defective in another way the Court is likely to allow the evidence to stand.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That is brill for the moment.

As usual you have been a star

Hope you have a good evening

Thanks for your help xxx

Happy to help.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?