UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I was granted asylum in 2002 but have lost that documentation

Customer Question

I was granted asylum in 2002 but have lost that documentation and the Home Office said I could request a copy to be mailed to me on the Visa and Immirgration site on uk.gov for a charge of £10.00 as it would be CHEAPER for me to make an IMMEDIATE appointment to get a Biometric card on the same day. as I want to write that exam to become a British Citizen. If you could give me EXACT DETAILS for web site including what WORDS I type on the form to request this. on line. I would be very grateful.
I do have a Home Office Reference Number.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

The Home Office is referring to a "Subject Access Request" (SAR) under the Data Protection Act 1998.

You need to complete the SAR form which appears here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/requests-for-personal-data-uk-visas-and-immigration

and send it to the Home Office address below with a cheque for 10 pounds:

Subject Access Request Unit
UK Visas and Immigration
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

In the form you ask for details of your asylum grant and any other information held by the Home Office on you.

All the best