75100385

I had a PPI reclaim company contact me 2 1/2 years ago.

I had a PPI reclaim company contact me 2 1/2 years ago. i paid £500 pounds up front ford of yhis there services. After 1 1/2 years no claims apart from a a small amount for about £20 was found. At the end of this period of time, they refunded the difference owed to me and the contract cancelled.
A year later Barclays who i hold a current account with, contacted me telling me that after further more recent investigations by themselves that there original decision had been overturned and that they were now upholding my claim.
3 days later the PPI company have contacted my saying they want there payment for this claim!!!
I have spoken to Barclays and they confirmed that it was there own internal investigation, and that i had not be taken off the list of PPI claims , and that was why a letter was sent to the PPI claim company.
The PPI company say i owe them £540 but our contract was cancelled and we have had no other contact untill now.
Any advice would be extremely helpful
***** *****
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How was the contract cancelled please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi

I received the difference of the money owed to me and they inform me verbaly that the contract was cancelled. This was a year ago and i dont have any email or written conformation that i now of.

When speaking to the PPI claim company they confirmed that the contract had been cancelled but that if it wasnt for there continued investigation this claim would not of happened.

Ok - then you dont need to pay. If the contract was cancelled then you dont owe anything. All they can do at worst is issue a small claim against you. You can defend it on the basis that there was no contract, it was cancelled and even if it was not, they did not do any work at all.
On that basis the claim will fail. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.