UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am an EU national who has been living in the UK years. I

Customer Question

Hi, I am an EU national who has been living in the UK for 15 years. I am in the process of applying for permanent residency, but faced with a problem. In 2003 I have been refused student visa and launched an appeal against it. Then in 2004 my country has been admitted to EU and I no longer needed a visa since then. I have not heard back re my appeal ever since then and subsequently registered for WRS (worker registration scheme) in May 2004.
My question is - do I need to disclose on the permanent residency app form (EEA (PR) valid from April 2015)that I had my visa refused? The question reads as: 'Do you have any civil judgments against you or any civil penalty under the Immigration acts?' Many thanks in advance.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

A visa refusal is not a civil judgement or civil penalty so you do not need to disclose it.

All the best