75100385

I was clocked going 53mph in a 30 zone yesterday by a speed

I was clocked going 53mph in a 30 zone yesterday by a speed gun. The Police Officer said I will have to appear in court. This is my first offence and I have been driving for 2 years as of 21/06. What can I expect here?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You are likely to get according to the guidelines a fine, 6 points or disqualified for between 7 and 56 days. The most likely is point if this is your first offence.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would there be any chance of mitigating the number of points down to 3 if I had a good lawyer present with me or is it almost certain that 6 will be given?

You could try. They may give you 5 points, it does not have to be 3 or 6. It can be anywhere from 3-6.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That is very useful. I was worried as I have literally been driving for 2 years as of 21/06. I understand that if you incur 6 points within 2 years of driving you lose your license. Will I have been given a full license straight away on the 21/06 meaning that I can now get 12 points?

That is correct, if you have been driving for 2 years at the time of offence you can be demoted to provisional driver.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So if the offence took place on the 23/06/15 and I had been driving for 2 years as of 21/06/15 does this mean that I am able to get 12 points now and that 6 points will not automatically equal a ban?

Correct,

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.