75100385

I have just received a letter regarding council tax from last

I have just received a letter regarding council tax from last year in which it states that a magistrates hearing was held in feb of this year for council tax arrears. I have had nothing to say this hearing was taking place and nothing from the council to say that I was in arrears so this is the first I have heard of this? where do I stand legally?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
To be clear you never got:
1) Reminder from Council
2) Summons from Court
3) Hearing result
You never got all these documents?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

correct

Ok, then you need to make an appointment at the Magistrates Court to make a statutory declaration. This is where you swear on oath that you did not know of the proceedings. If accepted the Court will set it aside and then any proceedings can start again.
If you swear on oath and later found out you did know about proceedings and just ignored it, this is very serious and you could end up in custody.
But call the Court and make an appointment for a statutory declaration.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.