12826847

I have been asked to forward £750 to release a cheqe in the

I have been asked to forward £750 to release a cheqe in the region of £13000 related to monies owed to me for the scam sale of my time share. The company asking this of me are De Marco and Sampedro Solicitors. They claim that the cheque has been granted to me from the Courts. Their address is Calle Oro 12 29010 Malaga Tel. 0034634082795. I am frightened if I send the cash they then prove to be another scam company. I only have until this afternoon to send the £750. Please could you help me with making the right decision. Thank you so much. Liz
Please go no further with this.
If they have money for you then it makes no sense at all to be asking you to pay them. They will know that perfectly well.
It is all very well that they may well want to deduct fees but all you need to do is tell them to forward you the cheque payable to you minus their fees.
Don't give them your account details and do not send any money.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Jo. May I just ask one final question? This solicitor spoke of the £750 fee as a legal requirement which had not been claimed (for whatever reason) at time of sale. She then said it would be illegal if it was not settled and would not be able to send the cheque. If this company are disreputable then no further questions need to be asked. If not, are you still saying to absolutely not send the money before hand

No. Absolutely do not send them money.
If it is illega they will sort it out. They do not need your money in advance.