12826847

My ex partner of 23 years living in my privately rente cottage

My ex partner of 23 years living in my privately rente cottage I have asked him to leave, as his behaviors have become intolerable for many years now, he is 76 , I am 71,, my only income is my state pension, he owns 3 houses in northampton , he rents them out, I had all my own furniture here he brought his furniture, in hence most of my stuff went he will be removing his goods when he leaves, can you advise ,, so greatfull lilian m ellis
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi jo, do I have the right to claim monies from my ex partner

I am sorry but there is no claim at all.
If you are not married you cannot claim maintenance for yourself.
If you do not have children with him that are under 18 then you cannot claim maintenance for them.
I'm afraid that partners are not responsible for our upkeep when the relationship finishes.
It is no more complicated than that I'm afraid. The fact that he is the richer party does not mean he owes you money I'm afraid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi what about all the furniture I will have to replace, thank you lilian

If you removed yours originally then you do not have a claim against him.
You seem to accept that this is his furniture purchased by his sole funds and so he is free to remove it.
I'm afraid he isn't liable to replace it because you removed yours to make way for his originally. In truth, over the course of 23 years it would have needed replacing probably anyway.
I'm very sorry.