12826847

I am the Claimant. I understand that in serving a document

Customer Question

I am the Claimant. I understand that in serving a document (Claim form) all that I have to do is post it first class and reflect the date of service accordingly on the Certificate of Service form I send to the court. What I did was send the Claim Form
by Royal Mail next day signed for. The defendant was not in and a card was left for him to collect it from the post office. I checked the day after 'service' and the letter had not been collected. Given this I sent a copy letter simply by first class post
such that it was in his post box and also emailed the defendant advising him of this and that he should email me should he wish me to send a scanned copy by email. The original letter remained uncollected and I have now received the original letter back from
Royal Mail. Do I need to send the court the conformation of service form in relation to the second copy I sent? Just going round in circles as the defendant was supposed to issue his defence by 12/06/15 as directed at a court hearing and I have not received
a copy. I have today contacted the Court and they advise the defendant has not submitted a defence and he has written to the Court explaining that he has not received the Claim form and is therefore not in a position to respond with a defence. The Claimant
and Defendant are due in Court where the judge will consider the Defendant’s defence. This has come about as the defendant was successful in overturning a decision in favour of the Claimant based on his claim that he had not received any documentation. The
judge ordered that the Claimant serve the claim form again on the Defendant and that the defendant must return a defence by 12th June 15. What is the situation/next step? I intend to write to the Court explaining events, I this appropriate?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you in the UK?

Yes, I am based in the UK, near Guildford.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, this question is now answered so could you please delete it. There is some history surrounding this as I was unable to use the 'new style' site and sent several emails into support and info to resolve.

Anyway I have an answer to the above question.

Has the 'new' style site that I had problems with been taken off as the site now looks like the original just answers interface?