13262538

I would like clarity on the following : I have a

I would like clarity on the following : I have a 10 years old son who lives with his mum, I live at home with parents, I pay child maintanance of £285 per month but the online child maintenance calculater says I sould only pay £176 per month. I have put this forward to the mother of my son who says that I should pay half her mortgage until my son is 18, but its her mortgage in her name as I could never get my name on the mortgage due to bad credit on my part at the time we moved in. this was July 2005 and we split November 2005, alot of people friends etc say I pay too much child maintenance and some weeks I have him stay with me 4 nights a week as she is a nurse who does night shift work , the pay is far better for her thats why she does nights.
Just want some clarity on this :-)
Gwyn
Were you married to each other and how much is your gross income?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We were never married. I earn £2,004.75p per month before deductions. take home £1,530.00 per month after deductions.

Gwyn

Is there any agreement that you will receive a share of the equity when the house is sold?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, there is no agreement. its her mortgage, i only ever lived there for a short time.

Gwyn

In that case there is certainly no requirement for you to pay a penny more than the cMs calculation shows - which as you say is considerably less than you are currently paying.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou so much, just one thing to add that a friend said to me once which I forgot to mention at the beginning, was that the mother of my son maybe using the £285 also to cover the costs of his activities that he undertakes, such as drama class at weekends and martial arts lessons in the weekday evenings. Does she have the right to ask for more to cover any additional fees and should I oblige to pay even though she made the decision to provide these activities without consulting me first?

I promise you this is my final query Smile

Gwyn

Ho
The child maintenance you pay is meant to cover all of this.
If you wish to pay for extra activities then well and good - but there is no requirement for you to do so