75100385

Just a quick question, just moved out from a property we were

Just a quick question, just moved out from a property we were renting, landlord is keeping our deposit and asking for more as he states that we have treated the gates and they have to be replaced, however we are 100% sure the oil can be removed which saves replacing the gates. The tenancy agreement states mentions damage, missing items, fair wear and tear, insured risk and repairs. The landlord also mentions that we have treated the electric gates, which we haven't. They keep threatening us with police when we said we would like to get our quotes and that we are not allowed to enter the premises, which we are aware of.
Marta
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Is the deposit protected please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** is with TDS

Ok. Then the Landlord can't just keep it. You can therefore register a dispute with TDS. TDS will then ask for evidence from you both and adjudicate on the matter. The Landlord can threaten with the Police all he wants but in reality this is a civil matter and the Police wont be interested.
Even if you have made marks the landlord has to show that they are not normal wear and tear. In any event the landlord would have to show he has mitigated his loss, ie minimised it by trying to clean/repair.
So register a dispute, that will resolve the matter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Another question we have taken a video at the property for a commercial use, my partner works with antiques and on TV so needed it for his work. They have said it was illegal as it was a rented property not our house.

Just to clarify they have to show a proof they have tried removing the linsead oil from the gates before asking us to pay for replacing the gates

No it not illegal. Nothing wrong with the video.
They have to show they have tried removing before replacing gates yes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Lovely thank you you have been great help

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.