LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Dear, I have a question . conspiracy case

Customer Question

Hi Dear, I have a question for you.
For a conspiracy case charged with section 1 of Criminal law act 1977, the defendant was charged for conspiracy with X and Y for facilitating immigrant to breach of immigration law.
If found guilty, what will be possible punishment? is it imprisonment or fine only.
Please answer.
Regards,
ABC
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 years ago.
|Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer your question.
Unfortunately I will not be able to answer this unless you give me some more detail. Can you tell me in general terms what it was that the immigrant was going to do as a result of the conspiracy.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

According to UKBA they are in breach of their immigration rule. not more details are given at this stage.

If one is sentenced for a conspiracy case then the maximum sentence will be the same as the offence itself without a conspiracy.
There are a number of different offences which could fit your description. They have different sentences. For an offence under s24a of the Immigration Act 1971 which is probably the most commonly prosecuted Immigration Offence the sentencing ranges from a fine to 2 years imprisonment.
If a case is a conspiracy that will tend to make it more serious as usually there will be a degree of planning involved which is usually considered an aggravating feature.
This is probably the best I can do with your question but please ask if you need more details.