75100385

Our website hosting supplier has notified us they are implementing

Customer Question

Our website hosting supplier has notified us they are implementing a 550% rise in our hosting costs to them. We have already paid the invoice for 1 year's hosting in advance, only 2 months ago, at the previous rate.
We have been with them for 8 years and have always paid our invoices. They say they are implementing these charges to every customer.
We have told them we cannot afford to pay the new charges but they are unmoved.
We built the site 8 years ago, and at the time this company who hosts had a different owner who was a friend of my son. My son and this guy, who owned the hosting company, built the site for us. There is no written contract.
This company will not release the code for the site so that we are unable to move the site easily. The sites bring in 70% of our income and we employ 7 people!
My first question is:- In view of the fact that we have paid 12 months in advance for their service, can they simply reimburse that amount and then enforce these draconian increases?
Secondly what can we do about getting the coding so that we can move the sites?
The deadline is 30th June and they say they will disable the sites unless we sign a new contract and pay them a year in advance.
It all seems incredibly immoral and unfair.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
I assume you paid for the code? Was this including in hosting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We paid nominal fee I believe, but my son and his friend who owned the hosting company at the time, did the site together. It ws always understood that we owned the site.They didn't use the hosting company's main server.

Also need to verify where we stand regarding their right to cancel the year's hosting already paid?Surely this is an agreement and they should honor that agreement. They are insisting we sign anew contract otherwise they will pull the site next week.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex

Please can you tell me what is happening with regard to my question?

Is there a contract between the parties at all?
Do you have a landline?