75100385

I made a booking with one of the airlines through their

I made a booking with one of the airlines through their website 12 days before my flight date, then I received a confirmation email and the money withdrawn from my accounts to them, on the day of the travel I went to the airport to discover they cancelled my reservation on the day of travel without informing me, I was so disappointed and shocked by the fact I haven't been informed or contacted by any means, then they started to give different excuses like the bank withdraw the money which I had to contact the bank from the airport placed on hold for while then the bank said they never withdrawn unless the bank customer reported it. at this point the airlines sale manger made another excuse which was they cancelled my reservation because I did't confirm my reservation in the agency office before the departure time, then I showed them the terms and conditions which stated the person need to check in only at the airport and provide the visa/credit card which was used for the payment.
the only solution they offered is me to buy a new ticket, I explained this is not acceptable and I am not going to pay extra money, then the sale manger said only 40 minutes left to the flight and I need to make my mind and buy new ticket if I want to travel, I explained again I have no enough budget to this especially it is not my fault.
then she said ( you keep repeating the same thing again and again) I felt really offended.
then they put me over the phone with the customer services which they said they will open a complaint file for which the response for may take form one day to seven days.
by this point I missed the flight.
they couldn't offer any options apart from me buying a new ticket for next day and I need to stay overnight depending on my own budget.
in this case what is the possible legal options to make?
many thanks
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How much was the difference between your old and new ticket? Did they refund the first ticket?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I bought a new ticket from the airport same day my flight cancelled from another airlines, original ticket was 420 and the new ticket 886
They made a full refund of 420 pound
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You can sue for the difference between £886 and £420, together with any other direct losses.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Since this happened is around three weeks now, Am I still candidate for compensation ?
Yes. You have 6 years to bring a claim