29905560

I am trainee recruitment consultant small firm, I

Hi, I am trainee recruitment consultant for a small firm, I have sent cv's and arranged interview for a candidate that does not exist, i have called all the past companies on the cv and he has not worked there. I admit i did not do the checks that where needed because I was in a hurry. I scared to tell my boss , I have the phone number of the candidate . Is there any legal way to find out who actually owns the number on the false cv?
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.
You will not be able to find out who the number belongs to because this information would be protected under strict data protection laws. There are only two ways really for that to happen – the police could request that information if it concerns some criminal investigation and they need to trace the person. Alternatively, a court could order the release of such information but only if it is deemed absolutely necessary and in the circumstances there are no reasonable grounds to be going as far as court and getting their permission. So in your case I am afraid it is highly unlikely you would be able to find out the person who owns the number simply by using that number – the only people who would have that information are the telecommunications companies and as mentioned they will have very strict duties under data protection laws to keep that information secure and not disclose it, unless any of the exceptions I discussed above apply.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done further checks and the person in the cv does not exist. so there is no identity fraud, is there anything that i can do?