12826847

I have a problem with Halifax BS, THEY CLAIM I OWE THEM £401.O

Customer Question

I have a problem with Halifax BS, THEY CLAIM I OWE THEM £401.O in interest payments on a mortgage that I don't have going back to 2002. My mortgage as been paid off when I was maid redundant back then with my redundancy money. After several visits to the BS. in Nottinham I have established that this is a Building & contents Insurance policy that I did not ask for or want, however I did sign up to such a policy back in 2008 which I paid through direct debit but later moved to another supplier due to vastly inflated monthly repayments, they kept going up even when I didn,t claim. So in effect I had two Insurances with them. For years there was no correspondence re. this so called mortgage/ insurance. Acc. No. 95261380110600 Re. Robert Fletcher Secure Lendings Operations Director @ Halifax, Barnet Way, Gloucester GL4 3RL. Tel. No. 0345(###) ###-####
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do you have evidence it was paid off or discharged please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you practicing abroad, if so I do not wish to take this matter further, and politely request a refund.

I am in the UK.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did get a receipt for the £13,ooo approx. that finalised my mortgage, kept it in my wallet for ages, now I cannot find it. That amount I am owed is clearly not a reneagh on a motgage repayment, spread over that amount of years would be clearly much more.

Ok. Did you ever get a statement?