12826847

I signed a contract with an agency to supply my financial reporting

I signed a contract with an agency to supply my financial reporting services for a project from 11 May 2015 to 31 July 2015. Upon signing this agreement I served notice on an existing contract and exited that role. The project requires Security Clearance (which I have) but I have never started the project. The only communication as to why not, has been verbal notification (phone) that the agent's client are having some unforeseen issues with transferring my security clearance. I cannot afford not to be working. The agency have verbally advised me that if I exit the contract they will pay me for 1 week (the notice period for both parties is 1 week). Do I have any option other than to accept their offer? Many thx.
Would you be able to find other work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I will but before I would sign another contract I presume I would have to extradite myself from this contract.

Yes, it depends what you want to achieve her really.
Either side seem to be able to give notice so it is easy enough to extract yourself from the contract and move on.
What claims you have really depend upon the terms and conditions. It would seem that they should have started you in may and have not and you have been disadvantaged so arguably there is a lost profits claim. It depends whether there was a clause covering the transfer of your security clearance. I'm not sure their explanation makes any sense. Either you are security cleared or you are not. If you are already then it doesn't take two months to transfer it.