75100385

I am a commerial tenant with a 6 months notice period, but

Customer Question

i am a commerial tenant with a 6 months notice period, but as soon as I moved in I found out that the building is being pulled down - so i had to find a new place - but the landlords are still insisting on the 6 months?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Is the building being pulled down WITHIN the 6 months?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no but, we were told the building was being pulled down in september this year, then mid may, we were informed it would be pulled down in january. however, i was looking in may as i thought i would be without an office in september, by june 9th i found another office and gave notice as i was worried they would change their minds again and my business would be homeless

When did you sign it please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI, I signed on 22nd August 2014

Well he told you it would be January, so you are entitled to leave! In any event the Landlord would have been in breach of contract. What does the Landlord expect, by the way the office is coming down but please don't leave!
I would refuse to say and say that the contract has been terminated because of what he said. If you had stayed you COULD have been homeless (so to speak)!

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.