75100385

I have recieved a parking fine by wy police

Customer Question

I have recieved a parking fine by wy police for obstruction in my own street.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My street is always full and cannot park especially when U return from work on a night. So people may park in alley ways. I parked in an alleyway and recieved the parking ticket from the police.

Ok. What is it you would like to know about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to know as a citizen who pays road tax, council tax and high car insurance premiums as to why the police gave a parking ticket for obstruction in my own street. Usually we are a well tight community where by if I have blocked a car, the person knocks on my door and I happily move it. We as neighbours do this. However the alley ways no one drives through them.

Were you obstructing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The entrances to the alley ways have keep clear signs written on the ground floor. The alley way are actually the back of homes. Today two patrolling police officers have walked pass this alley way as well as numerous of other times where they have been parked cars and have simply been ignored. Maybe somebody complained about me maybe they did not. But I need a clarification in respects of this and the whole ruling around obstruction. I am annoyed where I cannot find parking in my own street and where I park across my house in an alley way I get a ticket when I have parked there on numerous occassions before and not recieving tickets.

So you are annoyed about not being able to park. What specifically about obstruction to do need to know? That would help me help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to know anything around this matter. Why I would get a ticket and the reasons.

A vehicle can only be illegally parked if there are parking restrictions operating in the area. In other cases one would have to show a vehicle was causing an obstruction. The police can remove vehicles which are causing an obstruction and there are a number of statutes and regulations which allow proceedings to be brought for obstructing the highwat,
You can contest the ticket. The matter would then go to court and it would be for a court to decide whether you were obstructing or not. There are many recourses online that give a reasonable definition. But just because it is your home does not give you an automatic right to park where you want. Imagine a row of terraced houses where everyone has a car?
But you can contest the ticket and have the circumstances reviewed. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.