12826847

Can I stop my children from seeing their father if I feel that

Customer Question

Can I stop my children from seeing their father if I feel that he tells them too much and make frets to me and controls me and undermines bullies me
No. This is not a ground to stop contact. Contact is not his reward for behaving in a way that you find acceptable. It is a right of the child and the court will enforce it if necessary.
Regardless of his treatment of you, contact by the court will be encouraged. This is about the right of your children to access to their father unhindered by the relationship issues between their parents.
If you attempt to stop contact he can seek a court order which he will get and then you will lose all control over the arrangements including any flexibility which is generally bad for both sides as you would probably prefer some flexibility.
Sorry but that is the position.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo

Are there any measures I can put in place regarding what he is saying to my children as he is filling there heads with things that are not appropriate when they come back from visits their behavior changes he is always talking to the children about me

Kerry

Not on this basis.
The issue is not whether contact is good for you but whether it is good for the children. This action is not harming the children and so a Court would not countenance any interference.