13262538

I have recently parted company with my wife from a marriage

I have recently parted company with my wife from a marriage which has been over for the last 2 years. She has mental health problems and has been recieving help and is on medication including night sedatives. She voluntarily put herself into a mental health care unit to get better and things were improving or so I thought until recieving text messages last night. We have a 4 year old boy who I am currently looking after with aid from a close friend as I am working. I am in a relationship with another woman who has a 13 year old daughter and my ex wife has told me that she has taken legal advice and that she does not want said person to spend anytime with our son. Can you tell me if this is enforceable in the eyes of the law as I am trying to give him a stable platform in life.
Please for give my asking - I assume that there is nothing about the background of your new lady which renders her a risk for children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

Thank you for your response. My new partner is 39 is also a post lady and has a 13 year old daughter. Her parents are beautiful people aswell. She split from her husband for the same reasons i have split from my wife. The reasons beings that we both were with partners struggling from past demons and unable to deal with them and after getting to know each other both realise we have a chance at being happy again in life. There was nothing untoward happened and no adultery as we both believe strongly in being honest and doing things properly so we both ended our relationships and are now happy together. My relationship has been rocky for the past 2 years as we have lived seperately

Does your new partner care for the child alone (without you) often?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am always with my partner when she is with my son

We work together so time spent is normally after nursery or weekends. My ex wife is currently being assessed for a personality disorder which i would never hold against her in any way she just sent texts friday night saying that she had sought legal advice and that if my new partner continued to see my son she would take things further. She used to be a legal secretary so has contacts but i was sure that this couldnt be the case despite what she said which is why i contacted yourself. I hoped that she would get better and he could live with her again but her irrational behaviour worries me and i have started to consider apllying for sole custody.

Just to check - how long have you been separated and how long have you been in your new relationship
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been in my new relationship for 2 months . My new partner is the rreason for ending my previous as i was just trying to keep things stable for my son although things were far from ideal and i felt more harmful to him than the situation now. My son only knows my new partner as my work friend and he adores her and her daughter. I thought that seperate mummy and daddy time would be a slow introduction to him getting used to a new way of life and my wife has limited time with him at the moment as she is still getting help and as i said is prone to irrational behaviour

It is clear that you have thought this through and are acting appropriately for your child.
There is no reason why any Court would entertain the restriction that your ex is saying she wishes - please do not worry.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Clare,

Thank you for a brilliant service and for putting my mind at ease i am extremely grateful.

Kindest Regards

Hi Matt
You are most welcome I hope all goes well