12826847

My partner was arrested and given a dvpo so he cant contact

My partner was arrested and given a dvpo so he cant contact me for 28 days. How far do the police go to check if their is contact
I'm not sure what you mean by check their contact?
If you called the police and made an allegation against him then they will do this. They do not usually do it on the first occasion. Usually it is the result of a long history of making allegations.
It is not a finding a guilt against him. It is just a means of creating space to protect both parties short term.
This can only be avoided in one way now and that is by not calling the police to domestic rows.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I mean can they follow us or check our phone calls. we are not in contact but would like to know if im being watched are they watching my house etc

They won't have you under surveillance but it is possible that they could check occasionally.
It is more an issue of what would happen if you do this again. He would almost certainly be remanded in custody then.