75100385

My partner is being constantly harrased by texts from his ex,

My partner is being constantly harrased by texts from his ex, these have escalated since we got together. They have a child together but her texts are often ramblings calling him names, threatening him with loss of access to his daughter. He can get as many as 20 or 30 texts a day. If he replys it seems to fuel her hatred and if he ignores it she will begin to ring both his mobile and hoise phone to continue her tirade of abuse....how can we stop this?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Has this been reported to the Police please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No not yet...we were unsure what to do and whether the police would take it seriously....its causing my partner an awful lot of stress but he feels stuck because of the threats to stop him seeing his child

Yes they would. The Police would first warn. If the ex still continues they could prosecute for harassment but I would hope that the ex would stop after the warning.
If the Police prosecute and successful they can seek an injunction to stop or limit contact.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.